Monday, 6 August 2012

D.I.Y- Coconut Oil, Honey, & Yogurt Hair Mask

I always try and treat my hair to fun masks, especially if I am already going to wash it that day. The other day I was looking online for hair growth ingredients, and somewhere I read that someone used monistat (??) and it helped. I personally try to keep all my ingredients natural, so after reading that the main reason it might help was because it is an anti-fungal cream, it would kill off any buildup and allow hair to get its required nutrients and grow. So I looked up natural anti-fungal food products or ingredients. From what I read coconut oil, yogurt, raw honey, and tea tree oil. Since I am not sure whether tea tree is safe on hair I decided not to use it.
Disclaimer: Since I am not a professional, please make sure to do your own research, and test this out on a small amount of skin to make sure you do not get any bad reactions.


Ingredients:

  • 1.5 tbsp organic honey (helps prevent hair from breaking, therefore assisting with hair growth)
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil (assists with making your hair healthy, and shiny, also said to help with dandruff)
  • 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil  (conditions hair, and helps prevent hair loss)
  • 1.5 tbsp plain yogurt (helps prevent frizz, and also assists with hair growth)

Mix in all the ingredients. Gently brush out hair, and apply generously to the scalp, and ends. Massage into scalp, and wrap up with a bag to keep the heat inside. Keep on as long as possible, but at least 1 hour. Then wash out, and condition hair. 

What has helped with you hair growth?


Lulu :)


11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the post and the fact that you´re such an experimenter !!!i am also ,lately i have been using olive oil for my hair,it´s been forever breaking ,but i will dare try this it sounds healthy to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pam, thank you. Olive oil is were I started also, then I thought if it's natural it can't do much harm, so I look up benefits of certain foods, and if I read good things I mix it all up and put in on my hair. If you try this, let me know how it goes.

      Delete
  3. Hey Lulu! Just wanted to let you know that the tee tree oil would be perfectly fine to put on your hair. I say this because I usse tea tree shampoo! And alot of home recipes for hair and face treatments use it. Let's just say tea tree oil is pretty much good to use for anything! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brooklyn,
      Oh, no way. I don't think I've ever actually seen some. Thats pretty cool, maybe I'll add in a few drops next time, and get more courageous as time goes on. But I agree tea tree oil seems to be good for everything ;P
      Thanks for letting me know :)

      Delete
    2. Tea Tree oil is also good for lice. My sister had to put a couple drops in her hair when she had lice.

      Delete
    3. Oh no way, thats cool. I have used it for ringworm it worked at first but I had to use another cream to get rid of it completely.

      Delete
  4. Hi hun,

    Tea Tree oil is definitely safe on hair. It is an oil commonly used in the Natural Hair community. The only thing bad I have heard about tea tree oil is a superficial thing, which is that it smells bad lol. But that can be remedied by mixing it with other oils such as coconut, castor oil, olive oil, argan oil, etc. Anyway, I decided to try this mask, so far I like it. I added an extra ingredient, which is the Jamaican Black Castor Oil. I guess I will see how it responds. I too enjoy doing weekly masks with yogurt, I find that the cold yogurt on its own does remedy itching. Anyway, hope this information helps, this was mainly to let you know that Tea Tree oil is definitely ok for hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello lovely,
      Thanks for letting me, know I definitely feel a lot better using it now from these recommendations. I actually really enjoy the smell of tea tree oil (is that weird? ;P). What I am intrigued by is this Jamaican Black castor oil, I have definitely used normal castor oil in the past, but I remember it was so hard to get out of my hair as it is such a thick oil, I stopped trying it after a couple of times. I wondering if this is the case with Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Will have to look it up .
      Thanks again for your response letting me know tea tree is okay for hair ;P :)

      Delete
  5. 3 Studies PROVE How Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you literally get rid of fat by eating coconut fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 studies from large medicinal journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome blog,Thanks for sharing,really helpful.
    buy human hair online

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...