Wednesday, 12 September 2012

Easy Homemade Loaf of Bread

After a liquid fast, the only meal I was craving was some bread, brie, and wine. So since I was not going to do groceries for another couple days my friend gave me this awesome easy recipe for a homemade loaf of bread. It turned out so good, and with some margarine/butter it was delicious.


Ingredients:
  • 5 cups of flour
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1 packet active dry yeast
  • Water
  • Roasting pan

In a large bowl mix in the salt, sugar, yeast, and 1 cup of warm water. Once it looks like everything has mixed in well, begin to add the flour slowly. If the water was not enough, add in a little more as you go, you want a thick mixture. Once all the flour is in the form of dough begin the knead it for about 5 minutes. I added a little bit of olive oil to my hands to make this process smoother. Grease the bowl and place the dough in it for at least an hour to allow it to rise. I will usually cover the bowl with a plastic bag. After an hour remove the dough and slowly knead it to the shape you prefer. Mine was in too much of a ball shape so after baking it it rose upward, so flatten it out a bit if your prefer that. Once you have gotten the shape you want, sprinkle a generous amount of flour on a cookie sheet and let the dough sit there for 5 minutes. During this time boil enough water to fill atleast half of the roasting pan. After 5 minutes cut 3 stripes across the dough and place it in the oven. On a lower rack carefully place the roasting pan with the boiling water in it. Bake the bread at 400 Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes or when you pat it with a spoon it sounds hollow. Make sure not to take out the boiling water in the roasting pan right away. Wait until it cools down as it is VERY hot. That is all, I am excited to try it again, and fix my mistakes, but it was great that even with my mistakes it still tasted very good. 

Do you have any bread recipes? I would love to give them a try. 

Lulu :)

36 comments:

  1. This is yummilicious ^_^

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.I am following you back ^_^ Keep in touch <3

    Love
    Apurva
    http://kalapalette.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I really want to bread and margarine right now mmm. :)

      Delete
  2. home baked bread is the best!yours looks delish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it really is, mine still needs some work, but it was pretty darn good. Maybe i'll give it another try this weekend. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi honey...lovely blog! I´m following you now, hope you will follow me too!
    xoxo
    Silvia
    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds pretty good! I like to make my own bread/ pancakes/ cakes/ cookies/ whatever else ;) so I think I will try this one too!
    Your blog is lovely!
    Would you mind following each other?

    xx

    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you do let me know how it goes :) I am off to check out your blog right now, would love to follow each other :)

      Safe cooking

      Delete
  5. Oooh great, thanks for sharing ^^
    Come check out my blog and follow if u like it
    That would mean so much to me ^^

    Kisses!

    http://gagcloud.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely pass by and check it out after this :)

      Delete
  6. I can almost smell the freshly baked bread -sniffs- yummy! I am definitely going to try this recipe out! :)
    I gave you a blog award on my blog as well! <3 ^^

    Biancarosa
    xoxo

    http://beancah.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah :) I am also hungry for some bread. If you do let me know how it goes :)
      Also thank you so much , I will definitely work on the blog award this weekend, seems like fun. Thank you again for nominating me :) Xx

      Delete
  7. Oh that looks really yummy! I would love for you to stop by my blog, I posted an outfit recently that I think you might like involving burgundy jeans! :D :D

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely checked those out, they are awesome, and those mary jane heels! Thanks for recommending your blog ;)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for following! Follow you back right now :)
    and I will post some cake recipe (cherry-chocolate cake) in the next days so that you can try something new ;)
    I already tried the bread! I used spelt flour as I like it best. So good! Did you bake it with weat or spelt or what kind of flour?

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will absolutely make sure to check that out. I use wheat. I don't think I have ever used spelt, or even tried it. Will look into that next time I'm grocery shopping.

      Delete
  9. OMG I love fresh homemade bread!!!! I'm going to have to try this recipe out. :) :)

    xo - Sheila

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?
    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will make sure to pass on by :)

      Delete
    2. I would love to follow each other! Following you now via GFC. Please follow me back! :)

      xo - Sheila

      Delete
  10. Hey beautiful blog! Thanks for your comment and yes, I'm already following you :)

    XX

    Shape and Fashion
    Blog’s Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really like that diy scarf very cute.:)

      Delete
  11. Looks delicious! The place must of smelled amazing, I have always loved the way homemade bread makes anywhere homy.
    http://www.sunshinecitizen.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah bread really does make the place smell homy, better than any candle. Makes me want to drop everything and make some.

      Delete
  12. that sounds great, maybe I'll try this :)

    x Daisy

    TheMandarineGirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the color of your hair in your picture, but after looking at you blog I think this particular one was photoshopped, but I know you did end up dying it very cute :)

      Delete
  13. Hey, I just came across your blog and I loved it! I'll definitely follow it.
    My dad used to make homemade bread all the time when I was younger, but I'm kind of hopeless in the kitchen. I'll pass on this recipe to him! :)

    smileyclara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me I am not so great in the kitchen either. I have a post of how I burnt my poor hand and got these horrible blisters trying to make churros.

      Delete
  14. Omg! It looks pretty damn good! Now I have to try it! :D
    If you have time, I'd love to know your opinion about my fashion blog. It's all about my style and preferences! :)
    xoxo
    Luzia M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely check it out after this :)

      Delete
  15. The Bread looks yummi!! =) I have to copy paste the recipe and try this one for myself! Thank you for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, its a definitely must try if you never made bread before. I was quite proud of it :).

      Delete
    2. I can imagine! Your bread looks so yummi! I would have been proud too! Thank you for following! Following each other sounds great as I´m already following!
      Thank you so much for your lovely comment!! That means a lot!

      Delete
    3. Np, you have a great blog :)

      Delete
  16. Great recipe :) I'll have to give it a try, but I'm not a great cook so it might not look as good as yours, thanks for sharing!!

    ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, neither am I and this was the result so I'm sure yours will end up great. :)

      Delete
  17. Did you know you can shorten your urls with AdFly and get money for every click on your shortened urls.

    ReplyDelete

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...